[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 18:13:51 +0200 CEST

Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wasn't trying to create guidelines. I was trying to suggest and
> encourage. I mean - you could take any one of the icons from the
> submitted sets and substitute it with any of the same type of icon
> from
> any of the other sets (i.e. replace stippi's "People" icon with any
> other "People" icon) and it wouldn't look out of place. That is a
> huge
> clue that the sets are all pretty much the same.

I think that's just untrue, though. While "mc clintock" and stippi's
icons look similar indeed, their different perspective alone is reason
enough to make them "non compatible" in that regard; IMO it's
immediately visible when you'd exchange any of them (granted, the
perspective from the people icon is not that obvious compared to the
others, but you can still easily see it).

Even besides the perspective, the style is slightly different, too. The
only icon where I can imagine having difficulties of assigning to one
of the sets would be the CD icon, and I can live with that :-)

Bye,
   Axel.