[haiku] Re: Haiku for Raspberry Pi?

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:54:14 +0100

Hello,

Yes, Raspberry Pi is already finished. They already begun the production and
the Raspberry Pi will be available in the shop in a few weeks.

I think that Haiku would be a great, slim and fast OS for the Raspberry Pi.
Linux is simply too slow, it needs too much memory when using a GUI and the 35
USD Raspberry Pi has only 256 MB RAM (the 25 USD version even only 128 MB RAM).
The booting times won't be fun... except you wanna drink a coffe ;-)
Raspberry Pi is going to get RISC OS, too. That may be light and fast, too. But
the GUI of the RISC OS simply looks too old fashioned, 80s or begin of 90s. It
is really a great OS for home computers, but time passes and they should make
some changes in order it looks state of the art (I do not mean dozens of
special effects like in Mac OS X, but now we have 3D graphic cards that have
more video RAM than the whole hard disk of a computer 20 years ago, so we
should use some of the capabilities).

I think Haiku would be cool. :-)

Cya,
Miroslav Stimac