[haiku] Re: Haiku for Raspberry Pi?

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:10:35 +0200

Miroslav Stimac wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps we should make a list of TOP 5 ARM based SoCs that we will consider
> for Haiku and then choose one or two of them as a start and maybe later the
> rest.
>
> What do you think, friends?

I think you have a misconception of how volunteer-powered open source software
development works. An ARM (or any other arch) port will happen, if and only if
one or more people motivated and sufficiently skilled work on it. Making a list
of desired target hardware and choosing one won't really change anything. In
the end the hardware of the porter(s) will be the first to be supported.

CU, Ingo