[haiku] Re: Haiku for Raspberry Pi?

On 29/01/2012 22:48, Miroslav Stimac wrote:
>> Me too!
>> Haiku would run light & fast on this micro PC (Linux can't boot on GUI
>> mode, IMHO!)... a good test field to see if Haiku is good for embedded
>> systems.
>>
>> Very interesting for my work (railways real time systems), too!
>>
>> So please go for it :-)
>>
>> Bye
>> fano
>
> Sadly, I am an application developer and not a system developer,
> so my knowledge regarding hardware related programming is very limited.
> I think that first we need a port of Haiku to ARM.

We already have one, although it's not very far yet.

cf.
https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/pfoetchen/2009-08-18/finally_haiku_arm_port_update

> After that we need a driver for the GPU Broadcom VideoCore IV.

Well you can always spend your time wisely by finding the specs of this
chip and linux driver sources and studying them.

> Or at least make sure that VESA works.

It won't, it's x86-specific (actually it could possibly extend to some
other arch that use an x86 emulator in their firmware like CFE).

François.