[haiku] Re: Haiku for Raspberry Pi?

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 17:24:20 +0200

Hello Ivan,

There are (I think) two reasons why there are so biug differences between
various ARM platforms.

1) ARM does not produce CPUs. They just sell licenses (or get royalty fees
etc.?) that allow other companies produce CPUs that are based on ARM design.

2) Each producer creates a SoC based on ARM that is optimized for specific
purposes. Furthermore, each producer can combine ARM CPUs with other
technology. For example, take a look at NVidia Tegra. They use ARM technology
and mix it with NVidia GPU technology.

Perhaps we should make a list of TOP 5 ARM based SoCs that we will consider for
Haiku and then choose one or two of them as a start and maybe later the rest.

What do you think, friends?

Best wishes,
Miroslav Stimac

-------- Original-Nachricht --------