[haiku] Re: Firefox 3+ for Haiku

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:42:49 +0100

2010/1/24 Grzegorz Dąbrowski <grzegorz.dabrowski@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>  * NSPR needs rewriting or adoption. The nspr patch is probably very
>> outdated, especially now that they are switching to having one process
>> per tab.
>
> Maybe we should drop BeOS support in NSPR and switch to the POSIX
> version (using pthreads instead of bthreads)?

The POSIX code tries to match every UNIX out there. It's not that
pretty or in some cases efficient and we can do better. The windows
code is almost always far superior to the UNIX code. Making NSPR
modern isn't that hard since Haiku has a lot that BeOS lacked. Besides
I thought we were supposed to make it more native, not less.

/Fredrik Holmqvist