[haiku] Re: Firefox 3+ for Haiku

  • From: Olivier Coursiere <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:38:52 +0100

Hi,

Stephan Assmus a écrit :
As for Arora, it's a good light browser but it requires Qt. I don't say it's bad, but I'm not really sure that we really want to have it in Haiku as default.

I've tried to checkout the Qt repository from OsDrawer.net, but that just gives me a weird error. Checking out other repos (I tested Clockwerk) worked. I would like to study the Qt port a bit and possibly help out. I am wondering if it uses the BControlLook class in the style implementation, it doesn't seem to be the case, but from what I can tall, this should go a long way in making it at least look 100% native, but I have no idea if it's even possible to use it (i.e. if the port uses one BView per QWidget).
Which address have you tried ? The one that work is http://svn.osdrawer.net/qt-haiku/trunk/ while it is advertised http://svn.osdrawer.net/qt-beos/trunk/ in the main web page (http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/qt-beos/).

Good luck !

Olivier