[openbeos] Re: Add-ons/Module problems/ideas??

  • From: Ari Haviv <AriB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:43:52 -0400

darn. I can't even get one new idea without someone on the OBOS list asking for it first. Maybe that's why I'm interested in it so much :)

Helmar Rudolph wrote:

Isaac Yonemoto wrote:

Is it possible to have a kernel that can reboot itself? I think I posted this on the suggestions list, but I
didn't get much of a response.

On bootup (if say, spacebar is pressed), then it boots up normally,
clearing out all of the previously recorded information.

On a remotely related note, in GEOS you could shut down the system at any time. It would then reboot the next with WITH your applications open AND the documents you were working on! And as the GEOS "auto-save" default is set to 1min, even in case of a complete system crash you would lose less than 1min's work. This is something I'd like to see on BeOS too, because if it's aimed at the desktop, it has to be newbie-proof, so even if they just shut down the system the hard way, it should restart just where they left/shut-it off.

Any comments?

Helmar

--
“80% of all deaths may actually be suicides. Persons who
lack curiosity about life, who are guilt-ridden and