[openbeos] Re: Add-ons/Module problems/ideas??

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:32:33 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Helmar Rudolph wrote:
>
> > On a remotely related note, in GEOS you could shut down the
> > system at any time. It would then reboot the next with WITH
> > your applications open AND the documents you were working on!
> > And as the GEOS "auto-save" default is set to 1min, even in
> > case of a complete system crash you would lose less than
> > 1min's work. This is something I'd like to see on BeOS too,
> > because if it's aimed at the desktop, it has to be
> > newbie-proof, so even if they just shut down the system the
> > hard way, it should restart just where they left/shut-it off.
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> Yes. You have a faulty application (or a malicious application) that
> will
> crash/shutdown your system when you run it. The system restarts, the app
>
> is started again. Another crash/shutdown...
>
> You get the idea.
>
> -Bruno

SPACE bar, boot options, failsafe mode...
But yeah this can be annoying. That's why I suggest we restart only those apps
we know want to be restarted.

(what if you are running some installer that begins to format a partition ?
you just finished installing, edited your settings, and you shutdown without
closing it... you reboot, and oops, the installer runs again, reformating you
partition =))) That is blatant, but who knows :)

François.