[openbeos] Re: Add-ons/Module problems/ideas??

  • From: Clay Vincent Schentrup <cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 02:57:33 -0500

>SPACE bar, boot options, failsafe mode...
>But yeah this can be annoying. That's why I suggest we restart only those apps
>we know want to be restarted.
     I don't know why the app should get to decide whether it gets to be
restarted.  If the goal is to give the user the option to come right back the
point where he left off, then it shouldn't be a choice.  Also it is ridiculous
to worry about running malicious apps on reboot; hello--they were already
running on shutdown. ;p

>(what if you are running some installer that begins to format a partition ?
>you just finished installing, edited your settings, and you shutdown without
>closing it... you reboot, and oops, the installer runs again, reformating you
>partition =))) That is blatant, but who knows :)
     No, it should restart exactly where you left it.  Ya know how
it..gulp..XP, you can log another person in, and the person who was already
logged in can come right back to his login with everything up and running?
Okay, now picture doing that after rebooting.  Smart idea to me.

Clay