[haiku-web] Re: Status update for the Picassa Gallery replacement?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:34:29 -0700

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 19:26 +0100, Niels Reedijk wrote:
> 2008/3/28, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 12:24 +0100, Remi Grumeau wrote:
>
> >  > We still have some strange behaviours with IE6...
> >
> > Can you explain what it is, or maybe post a screenshot?
>
> I have sent this screenshot to Remi already. I will forward it to you.

Thanks Niels. I installed MultipleIEs (http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE)
and can verify the problem in IE6.

Strangely, IE6 displays most pages on the live website OK, but on the
test site, the symptoms that Curtis described (main body column being
pushed down below the boxes in the right column) appear in many pages,
including the front page. I suspect this may be due to changes in the
CSS style sheets done during experimentation, so once Remi is done with
the new gallery stuff, we may want to migrate all style formatting from
the live site to the test site, so that we can work out the IE6 related
kinks from there.

BTW, IE6 totally ignores Trac's style formatting. I would not bother
with that though, as I highly doubt those using Trac would use IE6. :)

Cheers,

Koki