[haiku-web] Re: Drupal-Trac Single Sign-On...

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:52:01 +0100

2008/3/23, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Niels Reedijk wrote:
>  >> So what exactly would the effect be on security without it?
>  >
>  > Well, we would probably use the TracAccountmanager plugin, which sort
>  > of does the same as our database login: it also hijacks the internal
>  > procedures. It can be configured to use a large number of backends.
>  > One of those backends is in the session table on the database itself,
>  > others will allow it to store login data in a separate file.
>

> Is there anything in particular that would stop us from using the
>  TracAccountmanager plugin?

Well, besides testing, we would have to select the best password
authentication method, and I am in the process of writing a script
that selects all the users that ever logged on, creates a new password
for them and sends them an email notifying them of this fact.

This is all in the testing phase, at the moment, of course.

N.