[haiku-es] Re: Spanish Haiku website

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:54:14 -0700

Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know the details of the Dreamhost, but I suspect it would be
more than sufficient.
If it does, then that solves the payment question. If not, and if we decide to pay for a community site, wouldn't that put us in a position where other communities might, rightly, ask for the same? How much money will that cost us?

I would suggest that all communities would share the same Drupal installation. That also nicely solves the issue with very small local sites, as they would take up little resources, too.

In theory, yes. But in practice (at least from my knowledge of Drupal) I believe sharing a single Drupal installation among multiple communities using different languages would require a major localization undertaking (most likely including PHP customization) and a lot of coordination, which I don't think Haiku has the resources for.

Cheers,

Koki