[haiku-es] Re: Spanish Haiku website

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:54:36 +0200

Hi Jorge,

On 4/17/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The reason I am writing to the admins is that I would like to ask for
support from Haiku. Specifically, we would like to request that Haiku
provide us (as in "pay for") a domain that we can use to install and run
this site. The domain that we want to use is haiku-es.org, but are open
to other suggestions.

What about es.haiku-os.org? Then, we wouldn't have to pay for another
domain and host some other communities, too. :)
This can only be done with official communities, though.

Our requirements are quite modest: we need to be able to install and run
Drupal, and our traffic requirements are expected to be low. So, a low
cost shared hosting solution should work fine, at least for the
foreseeable future.

This is a problem: do we want to give every community access to our
server? We can't control what will happen with our login data and I
don't want to risk someone playing bad tricks on us.

What we can do is move them (all communities that want to have a site)
to our second server, but we can't share Drupal logins (their theme
and site content will have to make this obvious!) and all communities
will be sitting on the same shared server with access to each other.

It that's acceptable (for us and them) I can change the password of
the second server and give them access, but they should know that they
must be careful with the server and keep their software up-to-date. We
don't want to lose it because they get hacked, send spam, or upload
illegal stuff on the site, or exceed server limits. We can't control
what all the communities will do on that server.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald