[haiku-es] Spanish Haiku website

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sikosis <sikosis@xxxxxxxxx>, Oliver Tappe <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tyler Akidau <haiku@xxxxxxxxxx>, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>, Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>, Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:22:32 -0700

Hi,

In the last few months I have been talking with a number of community members about creating a HUG for all Spanish speaking people (regardless of their country of residence or origin).

We are at a point where we want to get started by creating a website; ideally, we would want this to be the official Spanish site for Haiku. The idea is to post the info pages, news and documents from the English site in Spanish, and to have a community area with blogs and forums for all Spanish speakers (we already have a mailing list).

The reason I am writing to the admins is that I would like to ask for support from Haiku. Specifically, we would like to request that Haiku provide us (as in "pay for") a domain that we can use to install and run this site. The domain that we want to use is haiku-es.org, but are open to other suggestions.

Our requirements are quite modest: we need to be able to install and run Drupal, and our traffic requirements are expected to be low. So, a low cost shared hosting solution should work fine, at least for the foreseeable future.

I would appreciate if I could get a response ASAP, as the person who would be installing and maintaining the system has some free time right now, and this week would be a good time for him to get things running.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Koki

PD: Muchachos, CC para vuestra información.