[haiku-development] Re: Voting on Alpha 1 proposals now closed

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:30:03 -0700

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well, it wasn't so much a communications problem, but a reading
>> comprehension issue... :)
>> I quote from the page from when the voting was active:
>>
>> "About what you are voting for:
>>      * This vote is about requirements for alpha 1. This means that
>> voting in favor for
>> something means that you want this feature to be absolutely for sure
>> in the alpha. So for
>> example, if you vote in favor for # 9 (fully integrate IO scheduler),
>> you actually say
>> that you want the release blocked until this feature is finished.
>>      * In this same vain, voting against making a proposal mandatory
>> for release, does not
>> mean that in the end this feature will not end up in the release. For
>> example, if the I/O
>> scheduler does not get enough votes to become necessary, but it is
>> finished in time, it
>> might as well end up in the package. Of course, this does not work
>> for bundled software vote."
>
> Now that sounds indeed clear, but some items don't really fit this
> description, like the release coordinator/manager.
> Anyway, thanks for your responses, I liked your answers ;-))
>
> Bye,
>   Axel.

There's 2 proposals marked as pending due to ties, one was the setting
the release date, which I commented on earlier (any comments on that
one?), the other is Python.  Since Python tied, I suggest we drop it
as a requirement but if we get a stable build in time for inclusion
then include it.  Comments?  Andreas was going to take a shot at
Python 2.6 but has taken a new job in a new city and will have limited
time and internet for the near term.  I tried using the 2.5.2 build I
made with Mercurial, but Mercurial then went on to fail over 80% of
it's tests, so I suspect there's issues with my 2.5.2 build.  Anyone
else work on Python 2.5.2 recently?

-scottmc