[haiku-development] Re: Voting on Alpha 1 proposals now closed

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:45:16 +0200

Urias McCullough wrote:

> It was not obvious during the proposal phase, and voting phase,
> whether the vote was to designate those tasks as "blockers" for the
> Alpha 1, or whether to include them if they were available.
--snip
I guess this may have been a slight communication issue about the
purpose of the propositions, as some were clearly targeting blockers,
while others were simply asking for inclusion in the Alpha release (if
they're done).

Well, it wasn't so much a communications problem, but a reading comprehension
issue... :)

I quote from the page from when the voting was active:

"About what you are voting for:

* This vote is about requirements for alpha 1. This means that voting in favor for something means that you want this feature to be absolutely for sure in the alpha. So for example, if you vote in favor for # 9 (fully integrate IO scheduler), you actually say that you want the release blocked until this feature is finished. * In this same vain, voting against making a proposal mandatory for release, does not mean that in the end this feature will not end up in the release. For example, if the I/O scheduler does not get enough votes to become necessary, but it is finished in time, it might as well end up in the package. Of course, this does not work for bundled software vote."

So there. ;)
Humdinger

--
Deutsche Haiku News @ http://haiku-gazette.blogspot.com