[haiku-development] Re: Voting on Alpha 1 proposals now closed

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:33:25 -0500

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:12 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 3) Create a welcome package
> Do you prefer new users see a completely empty desktop on first start?
> And if so, why?

My (perhaps misunderstood) impression was that the first alpha was
mostly targeting developers and similarly technical folk who were
interested in Haiku, but not willing to go through setting up the
whole build system, etc. I don't disagree that a welcome package is a
good thing (especially for end users who are not amongst the more
technically inclined), but for an early release I don't see it as
being a showstopper issue, hence the vote against.

Regards,

Rene