[haiku-development] Re: Segmentation fault building jam on FreeBSD 9.0

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:39:45 -0400

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I loaded up a FreeBSD 9 standard install, installed the pre-requsite
> software, grabbed the buildtools from git, and ran gmake. I got the
> following error:
>
> LINKLIBS= ./jam0
> make: *** [all] Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

I recall having this issue in the past when I was running PC-BSD 9,
and the only way I found around it was to get jam from ports, and then
jamming jam with it.  :)  Then just replace the ports version of jam
with the new one, and you are done.  I recall trying other methods to
work around this with the Makefile, but am not sure if I ever found a
way to work around it.  My recollection could be wrong, but I think
even just installing the the jam from ports was enough to make the
Makefile work just fine, but I don't recall if that was before or
after I had generated jam via the Jamfile method.  In any case, it
made me scratch my head a bit.

- joe