[haiku-development] Re: Segmentation fault building jam on FreeBSD 9.0

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 13:05:43 -0700

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> particular issue.  Another option would be changing the -O3 to -O (aka
> -O1), but doing that you would lose 30 optimizations from -O2 and -O3,
> compared to just one optimization.

FWIW, as pointed out by mmadia in IRC, the Jambase file already uses
-O for building jam via jam...

So, once you've compiled the jam0 stub, and use it to build/install
the real jam, you've already lost those optmizations.

Whether we could/should add them back to the Jamfiles is an entirely
different discussion I suppose.

- Urias