[haiku-development] Re: Segmentation fault building jam on FreeBSD 9.0

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:31:52 -0400

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:48 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2012-08-22 at 05:04:59 [+0200], Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> I was in a
>> bad car wreck last Monday, and am finally getting back into the swing
>> of things.

> I hope everything's OK (besides the car, obviously).

Yeah, I'm alright now.  I got beat up and bruised pretty bad from the
impact, so I was pretty sore for quite some time.  As a lesson for the
future, I shouldn't fall asleep while driving and plow through a
utility pole with my car!  The car is a total loss, unfortunately, but
at least I'm okay and nobody else got hurt.

>> Would just using something like the "time" command under identical
>> circumstances be what you had in mind, or did you have some more
>> sophisticated benchmarking metric in mind?

> "time" is fine. Running it more than once to average things would be a good
> idea, though.

Alright, sounds good.  I'll try to get around to doing some testing
either later tonight or tomorrow to see if there's any substantial
differences as a result of the the different optimization levels.

- joe