[haiku-development] Re: Segmentation fault building jam on FreeBSD 9.0

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:38:48 +0200

2012/8/14 Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 14/08/2012 07:26, Fredrik Holmqvist wrote:
> Apart from the ...patience... bit of the jam I suspect the vast majority of
> the build time is spent in the compiler, so jam's optimisation settings
> probably don't have a great deal of impact.

But the cost of changing it was near to zero so in regarding
performance compared to work it goes towards infinity... :P
You never know before you try, otherwise it's just speculation. While
I was working on improving what jam prints it was a good change to try
out.

Anyway back on topic. I'd try most things that reduces build times, so
if we can do better than -O why not try it. It's an easy to revert
change.

Here's what gcc says: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Optimize-Options.html

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH