[haiku-development] Package manager

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 00:40:24 +0000

Hello,

Matt set up a wiki page to discuss the design of a package management system for Haiku: http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/PackageManagerIdeas

I have tried to write down a draft based on some of the ideas that have been discussed before. I hope this provides a decent starting point.

At the bottom of the page, Blub has written an introduction to libalpm and discusses the use of it as a base for a package management system for Haiku.

May I propose to add comments by means of a box like I have done near the top of the page, to keep things organized? Once we settle on something, we can change the actual draft.

Regards,
Brecht