[haiku-development] Re: Package Management [was Re: What's the status of Haiku?]

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:46:48 +0200

Haiku's PM could be really useful as a solution of one of the biggest
issues in corporate/enterprise environments: applications distribution and
update. If it'd possible to have a packagefs on a network share, installing
or updating an application on multiple computers would be as simple as
putting a new package into this network share, and all client computers
would see the updated package and make it available to the users.
Too bad that we don't have any enterprise application, yet :-)