[haiku-development] Re: Package Management [was Re: What's the status of Haiku?]

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:31:43 -0700

On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 09:48:37AM -0400, Augustin Cavalier wrote:
> No. We don't want or need a common directory. If you are unable to just use
> nonpackaged, you can create one yourself -- / is still writable.

A bald opinion is not a justification...

And yes, the first thing I had to do to get some of the stuff I use transferred
to PM was to set up my own /boot/common.

But this is the problem, isn't it?  There is no discussion -- only 'fiat'.
Nobody seems
to acknowledge that there *are* problems for many with the way things were done.
I'm just trying to suggest ways of recovery *without* losing any of the gains.

But I'm rapidly losing interest.

        -- Pete --