[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku - no installable partitions found

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 00:06:44 +0100

Paavo Nurminen wrote:
> I have tried to install Haiku Alpha3 to my system, but the installer
> does not find any installable partitions, though there certainly is
> some to choose from. Even Live-CD does not start, it seems to loose
> connection to CD-drive after initial menus.
>
> My system: Intel Core 2 Duo, chipset Intel X38/ICH9. 4 GB RAM.
> Two 500 GB SATA hard disks in AHCI mode (IDE emulation: same result).
> SATA optical drives.
>
> Is here something not supported (yet)?

Please check whether there's a matching Trac ticket and create a new one, if
there isn't. Also describe your problem more precisely. From how I understand
your short description you actually get to the installer -- which means that
Haiku basically boots OK -- but no hard disk is recognized (you did start Drive
Setup, right?). Without further information I would say that not being able to
boot into live mode sounds like another problem (at least I don't see how it is
related to the hard disk recognition issue). What are the exact symptoms? If
possible also attach a syslog to the ticket.

CU, Ingo