[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku - no installable partitions found

  • From: "kirilla@xxxxxxxxxx" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:03:03 +0100

8 feb 2012 kl. 18:23 skrev Simon Taylor:

> Just to stress - it needs to be a WARM reboot, as the data is only in
> RAM and will disappear if it loses power. The "reboot" command from KDL
> should hopefully lead to a sufficiently warm reboot for it to work.

Sorry to butt in on this discussion, but warm reboots aren't always
possible.

The motherboard I've got (Gigabyte something) appears to do cold
reboots on reset, seemingly turning everything off. I suppose it employs
a service processor.

My iMac doesn't even have a reset button. Neither does it have a
serial port, sadly. :I (Would have been nice, since Haiku fails with a
hung, empty white ribbon on blue background, even with a full set
of failsafe options.)

/Jonas.