[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku - no installable partitions found

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 17:23:38 +0000

>>> [...]
These options are not shown upon reboot.

I just checked and it appears the fix I was thinking of was applied in
> hrev41446,i.e. it even predates alpha 3. IOW alpha 3 and all later
> nightlies contain the feature in a generally working state (AFAIK).

Just to stress - it needs to be a WARM reboot, as the data is only in RAM and will disappear if it loses power. The "reboot" command from KDL should hopefully lead to a sufficiently warm reboot for it to work.

PANIC: acquire_spinlock(): Failed to acquire spinlock 0x80175a08 for a
long time!
That is a known issue. Disabling SMP might help. Since you get to KDL
anyway, using the "syslog" command yields better results, though.

Known issue, but probably a serious issue, in my case.

What wasn't clear from Ingo's reply is that this "known issue" relates to printing debug output during boot, but doesn't affect a normal boot.

In summary it sounds like what might be best is to do a normal boot, and when you hit KDL enter "syslog" and take photos of the resulting output pages. Start a new ticket on dev.haiku-os.org and post the photos there.

Simon