[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku - no installable partitions found

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 09:29:43 -0600

On 2/5/2012 02:01, Paavo Nurminen wrote:
Hi,

I have tried to install Haiku Alpha3 to my system, but the installer
does not find any installable partitions, though there certainly is
some to choose from. Even Live-CD does not start, it seems to loose
connection to CD-drive after initial menus.

My system: Intel Core 2 Duo, chipset Intel X38/ICH9. 4 GB RAM.
Two 500 GB SATA hard disks in AHCI mode (IDE emulation: same result).
SATA optical drives.

Is here something not supported (yet)?

Paavo Nurminen

The EXACT motherboard is needed to be known... you never know if it is found to be a BIOS issue or if some SATA ports are from a 3rd-party controller... or if you have UEFI (can Haiku boot from UEFI???)...