[haiku-development] Haiku R1/alpha discussion summary (was: Re: Haiku R1/alpha decisions)

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:56:31 +0200

Hi gang,

In order to keep the discussion flowing as smoothly as possible, I
have taken the liberty of summarizing the points brought up in the
main thread. Check it out on the dev.haiku-os.org wiki:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/AlphaStatus#Discussion7thofAugust

I have tried to summarize all ideas. In case I missed any, please add
them yourself if you have the permissions or send me a private
message. Make sure you add a reference to the original message in the
thread on the freelists archive. This archive can be found here:

//www.freelists.org/archives/haiku-development/

I will keep this summary up to date the upcoming days.

I would like to add another (procedural) proposal: in order to
streamline the decision process, I'd propose we keep the discussion
open for a few days, and then divide the items up into proposals on
which the developers can vote. Each proposal would have to be adopted
by someone who will be responsible for it, in order to prevent some
ideas to disappear. I hope this will prevent this thread to turn into
an endless discussion.

What do you think?

Niels