[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:13:42 +0200 CEST

Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> What worries me is that some components/features seems ok (ie: no bug
> report) although nobody might have tested them enough.

Welcome to the world of software development ;-)
But seriously, positive feedback is always welcome. We could ask the
Ubuntu people how this method worked out for them (they do have
something like this).

> On a different subject, i think we could clarify our views concerning
> the estimated timeframes since it plays a lot in our decisions to
> include/finish things in the alpha (see gcc2/4 discussion).
> How many alpha do you think we will we do? Betas ?
> In my understanding, i see the first alpha in approx 1 month max 2
> months, and the second alpha 2 or 3 month later.
> I think if we can agree on some timeframe, it will simplify the
> decisions, please give your min/max estimations for each milestone.

We don't have a particular time frame set yet, and I agree it would
help making feature decisions.
OTOH we're loosely targetting around BeGeistert as a possible date; at
least if we manage to do the coding event again, we could use that week
to test on lots of hardware, and ironing out the remaining bugs, etc.
It would also simplify the communication, seeing how much Niels'
proposal page is already grown :-)

Bye,
   Axel.