[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals

Hi Niels,

2008/8/12 Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> 2008/8/12 Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Because there are several non-developer tasks on there that can be
>> adopted as well. For example, I could be inclined to adopt the BeBook
>> "package", or possibly even the "welcome package".
>
> I don't object to any well-known community member non-developer taking
> up the task. I guess you have enough permissions on dev.haiku-os.org
> to take care of it yourself (if you want to)?

It seems that I don't have permissions to edit that page (unless I'm
simply missing something...)

Anyhow, please add me to the BeBook adoption - I can make sure there's
at least an OptionalPackage to install it (will provide a patch that
is).

Right now we're waiting to update a few things in our legacy version
of the BeBook as it exists today - but once that is done, I believe we
can provide the HTML version of it on the Haiku image with a link from
the desktop. I suspect this would only be useful if we also agree to
put development tools on, so we should probably declare that as a
dependency for this I think.

- Urias