[haiku-development] Re: moving to tuxfamily.org ?

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:34:44 +0200

Am 15.08.2008 um 15:08 schrieb Axel Dörfler:

Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hosting it on a server of our own would allow better Trac integration
than any other public hosting provider. Currently there is a certain
lag between commits and changesets becoming available in Trac.

I don't mind the lag, at least.

You do know what you committed. ;-)

But when you close bugs and write "fixed in rxxxxx" then the changeset link is rarely reviewable for others (a dangling link - "no such changeset"). An `svn up` can confirm whether the symptoms are gone but reviewing an `svn diff -c xxxxx` can be a little harder when it's a non-trivial change. It is not documented on the Trac error page anyway (e.g., "This changeset is not available. If it was just committed you can try ... to review it, or try again in n minutes.").

So my suggestion is to tackle this issue in case you change hosting providers. Whether that is by a custom commit hook on the SVN server or by having Trac receive the hosting provider's commit mailing list to trigger the import is a technical detail and irrelevant to the website users. :)

Andreas