[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:08:04 +0200

Am 13.08.2008 um 16:30 schrieb Niels Reedijk:

2008/8/12 Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>:
Am 12.08.2008 um 21:57 schrieb Niels Reedijk:

I just created a list of proposals based on the discussion we had
recently. Find it at:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha1Proposals

It might not be fully complete.

I just proposed:

Power-off the machine on shutdown

Do you want to put that in as a blocker for alpha 1, which means that
it would have to be fixed to work on all machines?

No, I wouldn't go so far - neither me nor anyone else currently seems to have an overview of the impact of this. APM is working fine for me personally and some others. There is however a bug report tracking a crash while installing PowerStatus that's not reproducible everywhere.

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2600

For one thing, enabling APM by default would still allow disabling it from the boot menu, as pointed out by François. And for another, if it's only about PowerStatus, that is not installed by default and few people would use it on a desktop anyway. But if on the other hand this were reported to create lots of (other) problems, we should rather not poison Alpha 1 with it.

So I'd consider it good-to-have but non-blocking.

Andreas