[haiku-development] Re: Generic Font and FontBoy icons etc.

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:34:52 +0200

Hi,

On 01.08.2012 00:54, Disreali wrote:
--- On Tue, 7/31/12, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One slight change I can think of which might help is some
sort of "drawing lines" or bezier curve control lines
around the letters to represent that fonts are essentially
drawings of letters.

Do you mean something like these?

This is almost the same as used in Ubuntu 10.04
http://www.iconarchive.com/show/oxygen-icons-by-oxygen-icons.org/Mimetypes-application-x-font-type-1-icon.html

http://www.iconarchive.com/show/flat-icons-by-yellowicon/Font-Type-icon.html

I actually like those. I think the character on a single sheet of paper works
better than an isometric character standing on some paper.  The isometric look
can be difficult to pull off, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of it.

IMHO those are just the right type of icons for font files. And they can have an overlay badge for the exact type of file. It just needs to be implemented with the generic Haiku sheets of paper icon as base.

Best regards,
-Stephan