[haiku-development] Re: Generic Font and FontBoy icons etc.

  • From: Disreali <mdisreali@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 7/31/12, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One slight change I can think of which might help is some
> sort of "drawing lines" or bezier curve control lines
> around the letters to represent that fonts are essentially
> drawings of letters.

Do you mean something like these?

This is almost the same as used in Ubuntu 10.04
http://www.iconarchive.com/show/oxygen-icons-by-oxygen-icons.org/Mimetypes-application-x-font-type-1-icon.html

http://www.iconarchive.com/show/flat-icons-by-yellowicon/Font-Type-icon.html

I actually like those. I think the character on a single sheet of paper works
better than an isometric character standing on some paper.  The isometric look
can be difficult to pull off, and to be honest, I'm not a fan of it.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?