[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 03:14:54 +0530

@Clemens newbie question : About the filesystem, what hook is used when node
contents need to be read? If i want some functionality on the read
operation, I should implement the fs_vnode_ops::read right? i.e. I need to
define the interface for VFS so that VFS knows what to do when it wants to
read data from a file. I had thought earlier that VFS read would simple read
from a node in my filesystem and any custom functionality would be
implemented in my implementation of node. I was looking for a node object
with a data property but i couldn't find it