[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 16:32:02 +0530

> I don't see anything wrong in presenting mail marked as deleted as if
> > it was in the trash folder, as if it had been moved there (but remain
> > where it was
>
> Clarification: Have deleted mail remain where it is, but hidden,
> (rather than displayed as strike-through) and have it presented
> in Trash.

You mean the trash folder on the server right? It has been pointed out that
moving mail to folders is an "Expensive" operation. If you mean the trash
folder on FS, then we can simply move the deleted file to the trash folder
no point keeping it hidden on its current folder. If the file is restored,
it can be moved back to its previous folder(by storing previous folder as an
attribute).