[haiku-development] Re: EFI (was: multi-selection semantics)

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:12:36 -0400

On 6/6/07, Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, I figured that much, by my question was more in the direction whether
EFI support is planned and/or what the challenges and issues are to realize
EFI support (apart from HW availability).

This isn't my area of expertise in the least, but it seems we would
need a developer with EFI hardware, the necessary specs, and the
motivation to do the work (which for all we know might be extensive.)

My argument might be that the target market for this might be so small
as to not be a viable project for the core Haiku team. But if someone
with a MacBook Pro or other EFI hardware really wanted to get Haiku
running on it, I'm sure they would get full support from the project.

My feeling  tells me, that we might see more EFI based products in the
future.

Maybe. When that happens that will provide better rationale for adding
EFI support to Haiku.

Ryan