[haiku-development] Re: A tale of two accelerant API's

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:25:07 +0100

Am 11.02.2013 05:37, schrieb Alexander von Gluck IV:
What about using the version field of the accelerant_device_info struct?
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/headers/os/add-ons/graphics/Accelerant.h#n85

[...]

Logic:
  1) Wire up the INIT_ACCELERANT
http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/servers/app/drawing/interface/local/AccelerantHWInterface.cpp#n303

  2) Call B_GET_ACCELERANT_DEVICE_INFO
  3) Check the version field returned
  4) Wire up the rest of the hooks based on API version.
     Here we can break off into whatever logic, classes, etc. we want.

Not sure if there was some planned use to that version field though.

My gut feeling is that the version field was intended exactly for this type of situation.

Best regards,
-Stephan