[haiku-development] Re: A tale of two accelerant API's

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have several computers in my home, because sharing computers  leads to
> arguments. At the maximal sharing, you'd have several people, sharing a
> machine, at different times. It isn't a mainframe.

Same here. The wife has her own desktop, the kids have their own
desktop... For me, I have a whole room full, with 4 of them connected
to my KVM switch at any given time ;)

The 3 kids still argue over who gets to play on their computer at any
given time.

Here's an interesting question to ponder: If you had one family
computer that multiple people could use at the same time, how might
that affect software licensing? It would be interesting if a single
license of Microsoft Office, for example, could be used by everyone in
the family simultaneously. Obviously this isn't a question that
matters on Haiku, but still, an interesting situation that I doubt
software companies consider often.

- Urias