[gps-talkusers] the i blue receiver

  • From: "alice dampman humel" <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 07:28:13 -0400

Hi, all,
    The other day when I was out using the gps, the i-blue
stopped receiving. I asked someone, and he said there were no
lights on. I naturally assumed that it had not been sufficiently
charged up. But now, it shuts itself off all the time, almost as
though there is a loose connection or something. I thought I'd
remove the battery for 30 seconds or so, a trick that seems to
work with many of these battery devices, and I noticed that the
battery compartment cover was sort of bulging, not closing
tightly, and now, no matter what I do, I can't get the battery
compartment cover to close snugly when the battery is inserted.
It closes properly when the battery is not inserted. If I had not
noticed this *before* had removed the battery, I'd woonder if I
was perhaps inserting it incorrectly, but it was like that even
before I removed the battery, and anyway, the battery only seems
to fit in one way.
Any thoughts? Has the battery "gone bad" or something?
Thanks.
Alice
alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx