[gmpi] Re: My plugin system

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:27:19 -0400

That of course is possible (and already exists in the form of CsoundVST).
However, what Juhana was proposing was, to my mind, somewhat more
interesting: using Csound (or something like it) to do a lot of the internal
plumbing in the GMPI system. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the definition
of the Csound opcode interface is much simpler than what we have been
discussing on this list, yet it does everything that we require. The
complexity is pushed into programming in the Csound language and into the
Csound runtime itself - and that stuff already exists.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
Silence, a language for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/silencevst/