[gmpi] Re: channels, resources and other stuff

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:22:02 -0700

> An analogy: You can use LADPSA plugins to create a poliphonic synth, but
> it will require a complexity from the point of view of the user.

GMPI is VERY different from LADSPA.

> In the case of the sequencer, the extra interfaces i was talking about
> may help its use and features (and help developers in writing a light
> and fast host).

You're being VERY abstract.  What extra interfaces and how can the help?
What interfaces are you imaginging that we have missed (even though we
haven't started the spec, yet...)?  Please BE SPECIFIC.

> (I'm thinking of the case where you want to send the output of a
> sequencer plugin to another plugin and also record your tweekings on
> sequenced values with the GUI).

Obviously we're going to support this - every "pro" and most "toy" music
products do this already.

--
Notice that as computers are becoming easier and easier to use,
suddenly there's a big market for "Dummies" books.  Cause and effect,