[gmpi] Re: My plugin system

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 00:22:59 -0400

Although most musicians don't want to program DSP graphs, being able to do
so within the GMPI standard would be extremely valuable, not only for
experimental musicians who DO want to program graphs, but also for plugin
authors who want to write plugins for those other musicians by programming a
graph in a higher-level language such as Csound or SuperCollider. This
facility already exists in the music world in the form of SynthEdit and
CsoundVST. I have always wondered why nobody has done a VST plugin version
of PD.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
Silence, a language for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/silencevst/