[geocentrism] Re: acceleration calcs attachment

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:20:20 +1000

If I blind folded and suspend you magnetically in a closed metal elevator from
a high tower turn off the electricity to the magnet suspending you....I wonder
if you or a scale will notice anything even before you hit the ground ..ummmm.
.Remember you and the elevator and all in it are only "accelerated by gravity"
and  "equally to all parts".... Allen

A good question Allen, that may give me a chance to get through to you.

No need for a blindfold..  we is in a sealed tin box.

Let me hold a spring balance holding say 30 grms of mass. reading about 1 ounce
on the scale.

At the instant you initiate the drop we will all notice the state of
weightlessness.. This is instantaneous at zero velocity, before anything falls.
(no acelleration)

At the same instant making alowance for the time delay for the spring to act,
the spring balance will return to zero, registering zero weight on the scale
for the duration.

At the same instant plus a microsecond or so both I and the floor will remain
in contact, and remain so for the duration. (no jumping or muscular reactions
allowed)

For the duration of the fall from that instant, though we may know we are
weightless and the ounce of mass will show no weight on the spring scale, there
is no way of us determining any change of velocity, whether it be constant or
accelerating at 32ft. sec. sec.

Try it allen!