[geocentrism] Re: Warning

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:45:14 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Jack,

In a posting that urges us to refrain from theological discussion on this
forum, you take the opportunity to have a little dig at "the Catholics."

:-)

Some time back, I took Philip to task over something that he said. To his
credit, he did apologise. We have benefitted from his continuance on this group
ever since.

We ought to be able to discuss Scriptural instruction here, as long as the main
purpose is upheld. We ought to be able to do it in a polite manner and I had
already decided to allow this topic.

Cheryl's postings were degenerating, whether "provoked" or not. An apology is
therefore required, and I sincerely hope that she will feel able to offer one
to Philip soon.

Yours in Christ,

Neville.

Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Steven,
I'm a little troubled by this posting to Cheryl. She is new to the forum and
I feel that the Catholics have goaded her into reacting in the way that she
did. I appear to be the only one to try and forewarn her (off-list) that
this is likely to be unfruitful. The Catholics also touched on, what can
only be described as 'lip-service' to airing these views off-list, so why
didn't they?

I have never been completely happy with the idea of using the forum to
debate any Biblical Issue other than those pertaining to geocentrism. There
are many areas that can be debated and argued over such as Satan, the
trinity, salvation, Sunday/Saturday Sabbath, predestination, Assurance,
Omniscience etc. etc. May I suggest a further forum where general Biblical
issues can be discussed with no possibility of crossover with creation and
geocentrism. Although HS/GC generates a lot of heat, I fear that Biblical
debate, done in this way, will generate very much more. People are less
likely to accept criticism of their belief gracefully from those who insist
on pushing theirs. So I would strongly counsel keeping general Biblical
debate separate from the Geocentric forum.

Yours most sincerely in Christ