[geocentrism] Re: Warning

  • From: "Cheryl B." <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:51:37 -0500

Steven -- Before you jump in here to defend Philip and rebuke me publicly
and threaten me with banning, I'd like to ask if you have read all the posts
leading up to my post to Philip that you're objecting to.

The bitter sarcasm I used to convey my message to Philip was a reflection of
my true feelings about his assessment of my "inferiority to all men" and
using the Bible I love to try to convince me of that "fact."

I guess on Judgment Day we'll all know who's inferior and who's superior,
won't we?   Some of us will be rewarded and be in Heaven, some will be
banished into outer darkness with weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I came on this list to discuss geocentrism, not my supposed "inferiority to
all men" that Phillip claims the Bible teaches.  I also didn't come on this
list to be convinced that I should become a Catholic because the church may
have had it right about Copernicus and Galileo.

Still, the intent of my sharply-worded post was not to hurt but to let
Philip know that if, as he remarked to Gary, his attitude toward women was
going over even less well at home than it was on this list (with me) maybe
he should take note of what happened in MY marriage (with a husband that had
the same attitude toward women that he has) so that maybe it won't happen in
HIS marriage.

What exactly am I supposed to be apologising for?   Seems like the real
problem here is that I decided to post under my own name rather than use a
neutral pseudonym to avoid stirring up any possible mysogynists.

Cheryl