[geocentrism] Re: Size of the universe

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:29:26 -0500

Neville,

Thank you for your response.

I was thinking that the "windows of heaven" was a more generic phrase in
Hebrew, but upon further examination it does seem to be quite unique in
Scripture.  This seems to be the only one other reference, a spiritual
one.  Mal 3:10  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there
may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith YHWH of
hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
blessing, that [there shall] not [be room] enough [to receive it].

I remember asking Henry Morris back in the 1970s about  Psa 148:4
Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that [be] above the
heavens.
At least part of the waters above the heavens seem to still be there at
the time the Psalmist wrote.  I am familar also with the failure of the
water canopy models.

Velikovsky has introduced some ideas for me such as the origin of the
hail in some Scripture accounts.  Jos 10:11  And it came to pass, as
they fled from before Israel, [and] were in the going down to Bethhoron,
that YHWH cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and
they died: [they were] more which died with hailstones than [they] whom
the children of Israel slew with the sword.  Here these hailstones
appear to be  meteorites and he theorizes that the sun and moon stopping
and the stones falling from the heavens were related.  He thought that
the account in Exodus could be a similar phenomona.  While, I don't see
the separate reference to stones in the Exodus account that I see in the
Joshua account, the fire running along the ground doesn't seem to fit a
typical hail storm.  Overall, however, it seems like the Exodus account
is of actual hail.

Carl