[geocentrism] Re: Size of the universe

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:06:45 +0100 (BST)

--- Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was thinking that the "windows of heaven" was a
> more generic phrase in
> Hebrew, but upon further examination it does seem to
> be quite unique in
> Scripture.  ...
>
> I remember asking Henry Morris back in the 1970s
> about  Psa 148:4
> Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters
> that [be] above the
> heavens.
> At least part of the waters above the heavens seem
> to still be there at
> the time the Psalmist wrote.  I am familar also with
> the failure of the
> water canopy models.

Yes, I do not subscribe anymore to the canopy model (I
only managed to read half of the "Waters Above" ICR
book - it was too full of errors and had no credible
basis).

Dr. Morris holds to a 20,000 light-year-radius
universe, so I don't know how he accounts for the rain
"falling" onto the earth.

As for some water still being there, I now serious
believe that we can all see it (as described in the
"Size of the Universe" paper), but there was
definitely some remaining for the windows were stopped
up and the water held back:

(Gen 8:2 KJV)  The fountains also of the deep and the
windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from
heaven was restrained;

> Velikovsky has introduced some ideas for me such as
> the origin of the
> hail in some Scripture accounts.  Jos 10:11  And it
> came to pass, as
> they fled from before Israel, [and] were in the
> going down to Bethhoron,
> that YHWH cast down great stones from heaven upon
> them unto Azekah, and
> they died: [they were] more which died with
> hailstones than [they] whom
> the children of Israel slew with the sword.  Here
> these hailstones
> appear to be  meteorites and he theorizes that the
> sun and moon stopping
> and the stones falling from the heavens were
> related.  He thought that
> the account in Exodus could be a similar phenomona.
> While, I don't see
> the separate reference to stones in the Exodus
> account that I see in the
> Joshua account, the fire running along the ground
> doesn't seem to fit a
> typical hail storm.  Overall, however, it seems like
> the Exodus account
> is of actual hail.
>
> Carl

Yes, I agree.